Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thanksgiving, Eh!

You know what I love about being Canadian but living in the U.S.? I get TWO Thanksgivings! Canadian Thanksgiving is coming this Monday, October 11th, and United States Thanksgiving is Thursday, November 25th. Whiskertastic, eh!?

According to Wikipedia (which I think should be called Whiskerpawdia):

Canadian Thanksgiving is a celebration of being thankful for what one has and the bounty of the previous year. For me that would be my bounty of salmon, kibble, fluffy couches, and brushings.

American Thanksgiving is also a harvest celebration started by the Pilgrims and the Indians. Today, Americans are thankful for parades with giant balloons, football, pies, and pants that stretch when you eat too much - but my favorite part is being thankful for post-turkey-eating naps!! See humans go into food comas when they have turkey for dinner, and that's when us cats climb up and snuggle tight. Or if you're Keebler, you wait until they fall asleep and then steal turkey legs from the counter.

I would like to wish all of my Canadian friends a great Thanksgiving on Monday and all my American friends a wonderful 2 months of hockey until you eat turkey and pie. *MOL*


Pawsitively yours,
Boo a.k.a "Nap Master Biggins"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...