Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cat Facts, Aye?

Greetings Feline Friends and Followers!

Last Thursday, Niece and I hung out at The Rug. It was "coffee house" night. Keebler came by and read a poem. Frankie sang a song while tapping on the jingle ball toy. And Niece and I read this fascinating book called "180 Amazing Cat Facts". It retails for $1.59 in Canada. That's just a looney and some change, aye!

Now I know this sounds like a lot of information to take in - I mean 180 facts is daunting, but really it was a pleasant read and The Rug is such a wonderful place. The book is actually a small paperback and newsprint book that my human mom had purchased. She loved miniature things! My human sister brought it back with her this past May when mom went to heaven to play with Smoke kitty. I'm sure it took up no room at all in her suitcase!


Since this was such a fun night of reading with Niece, I had to share some of the amazing facts from this book!

Fact #2: "Egyptians shaved their eyebrows as a sign of mourning when their cats died." Boy, I'm glad people don't do that any more - that would look as funny as a cat with their butt shaved... oh wait, I think Lila gets her butt shaved. Whoops!

Fact #11: "Cats are the only animals that purr. Cats purr about 26 cycles per second, the same frequency as an idling diesel engine." VRROOM VRROOM baby!

Fact #15: "Cats hearts beat twice as fast as human hearts." That's just because we have a lot of love to give! Awwww...

Fact #18: "Calico cats are almost always female." Yeah, and the one that lives here is still rude to me! I wish there was a fact that says they're always nice to Canadians so I could show it to her.

Fact #20: "Cats have 527 muscles." I think I have more because I'm always hearing how I'm such a big boy!

Fact #61: "The average cat is considered a senior citizen at age 10." WHAT?! I'm 6 this year - no way, I don't feel a day over 2. By the way, my birthday is July 25th and I'm open to gifts!

Fact #96: "95% of cat owners admit they talk to their cats." Is it strange that I talk to my owner so she can write this blog?

Pretty fascinating stuff, aye? I'll write more in a future blog. With 180 facts, this will keep us going for awhile. MOL! (meow out loud)

Have a whiskertastic week!

Pawsitively Yours,
Boo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...